Saturday, 23 November 2013

Bottleneck in My Study

Midterm has just finished and the worst day of my life begins. Getting a warning in my academic study for the first time doesn't really feel good. The second I saw the red words occurring on my monitor, I was so stunned that I did not know what to do. I didn't even know what to feel.

Damn, I burnt midnight oil for the first time in my uni life to study for this文字學, yet this is what I get in return. Failing in the midterm exams!!! Never in my life have I experienced such failure that could almost tore me apart. I did try hard (okay maybe not hard enough ==), but I did not do well.What the hell is wrong with my answers??? Haiz, I don't even get to know because the lecturer never plans to give us back our papers~~~ So how do I know my mistakes? Nevermind, let bygones be bygones. I'll just have to try harder in my finals to pass this subject (which I think I'll fail to do so too ==)

Hmm, in case nobody knows what 文字學 is about, I'll just do a brief explanation right here. It is about study of Chinese Words like 甲骨文 and 金文. Yep, another way of committing suicide. == But amateur like me has yet to reach that high level in the study, so I am still at 楷體 and 小篆 part, which is the words we are using nowadays and the latest ancient words used by our ancestors respectively. (小篆 becomes the words used officially during Dynasty Qin.)

I am already having headache just mentioning the categories of the words. ==

Tadaa~~~ a little bit of my 'artwork'

Although I kinda like this kind of study, the fact that I have to sit for exams for such thing is killing me. I really can't stand memorizing the words for one whole night but still can't write it properly the next morning. That's called stupidity, for me. == How can I not remember all the details for only so few words : which lines should touch each other and so on.

Maybe I'm just not talented enough in doing words studies. Haha~but since this is a compulsory subject, I still have to suck it up (after grieving for my pathetic results) and pass it no matter how!!! C'mon, just a 'pass' would be enough nowadays. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment